8. Infernal Love
9. Babyteeth
10. One Cure Fits All
11. Crooked Timber
12. Semi-Detached
13. A Brief Crack Of Night
14. Shameless
15. Pleasure Death

That list was definatly made by writing the name of each album on a piece of paper and then drawing them at random.
Hhi... some fans do not accept that we do not think like them... Keep calm, i explain. (Sorry for my bad English, i'm french)

1. High Anxiety
My favorite and certainly one of the two or three best albums. Yes, Troublegum are better. But why the rank 1 ?
It's the heartchoice. High Anxiety comes after the bad period of Therapy? and especially their worst album (Shameless). This the album that saved Therapy?, "the light at the end of the tunnel". HA is all I like about Therapy ? : powerful and catchy, inspired and various songs, good energy, no pretensions, and a lot of brilliant songs (Hey Satan You Rock, Nobody Here But Us, If It Kills Me, the incredible Rust...). Also this is Neil Cooper's first album and he's already amazing. In brief, a classic of Therapy?

2. Troublegum
A masterpiece. A perfect and an ideal rock album. The best of Therapy ? of course. Needless to write more because everything was said about it.

3. Never Apologize Never Explain
It's smells like dirt and dark sound of SPYF and catchy songs of Troublegum. The result is successful and includes several brilliant tracks (especially Rise Up, Rock You Monkeys, Long Distance and This Ship Is Sinking)

4. Disquiet
An amazing album. Brilliant and enjoyable from start to end. Why not the rank 2 or 3 ?
Some tracks looks too much like troublegum, on the verge of plagiarism (Still Hurts/Knives, Insecurity/Trigger Inside, Helpless Still Lost/Unbeliever)

5. Nurse
A cult album, the first classic of Therapy ?, original sound and incredible atmosphere, a lot of brilliant songs (Nausea, Teethgrinder, Disgracelands, Neck freak).
Faults ? Some weaked tracks at the end and the "aged badly" (?) production.

6. Suicide Pact-You First
The best album of the bad period of Therapy ? Incredible album. Dark and dirty sound, raging and desperate vocals. Inaudible for the mainstream but brilliant. Catchy couplets (Wall Of A Mouth, Ten Year plan), twilight cellos, a brilliant instrumental (Big Cave In), a beautiful sad ballad (Six Mile Water) and a masterpiece (Sister, one of the best Therapy's Songs of all time). A brave and strong personality album.

7. Cleave
A successful, catchy and powerful album but a little early to judge. The charm must pass through time...

8. Infernal Love
A brilliant album but not my style. I don't like the clean and glittering production. In love "Misery", "Diane" and "Loose".

9. Babyteeth
A very good start with some classics (Meat Abstract, Dancin' With Manson). Il like also Loser Cop... In truth, i like all the songs ! Maybe still a little young and rough...

10. One Cure Fits All
All the songs are good but none is unforgettable. Nice but a little deficience of personality.

11. Crooked Timber
A pretty good album. Interesting but not my style. A cold sound and a little pretentious songwriting. Not the best Andy's voice. Some of very good tracks (Enjoy the Struggle, Crooked Timber, Bad Excuse for Delight...).

12. Semi-Detached
A surproduced and without-soul album. It's not bad but sometimes windy (Born Too Soon), insipid (Lonely Cryn' Only - sorry!) and frankly poor (Tramline). But i like some tracks (Church of Noise, Heaven's gate and especially Straight Life, one the best Therapy? songs).

13. A Brief Crack Of Light

Good sound, many effects but that do not hide a lack of inspiration. Living In The Shadow Of the Terrible Thing is brilliant. One of the best singles since Infernal Love. Before You, With You, After You is good. Also Plague Bell... And that's all.  Just tiresome for the rest in my opinion, sorry.

14. Shameless
Therapy?'s worst album, without a doubt. The band touch the bottom. However, i like the first four tracks, especially This One's For You and I Am The Money. But the 8 others are the worst Therapy's songs. The following will be better, fortunately.

15. Pleasure Death
I should have put Shameless at this place. But I don't understand the reason-to-be of this 6-tracks record. This is a transition album, the draft of Nurse. I love Potato Junkie like all fans but the rest is just rough and laborious in my opinion. The band is still looking for himself.
That was a good read, thanks Mike!
Good read Mike. With so many albums it's not surprising that different albums will mean different things to different people. I'm a big fan of High Anxiety too and love Never Apologise Never Explain, but would rank Pleasure Death much higher. Each to their own, and that's the great thing about Therapy? and music in general
Crooked Timber
Babyteeth
Infernal Love
SPYF
Troublegum
NANE
Nurse
Pleasure Death
ABCOL
OCFA
Shameless
Disquiet
Semi-detached
Cleave
High Anxiety
Cleave and High Anxiety worse* than OCFA ?

._.
I really don't dislike any T? album, even those near the bottom of the list all have at least a couple of tracks I love, but yes I prefer OCFA over them. I know you're not fond of OCFA (you might have mentioned it just a few times over the years on here!) but I like it.
It does seem strange looking at these lists as there's not a terrible album among them and it feels harsh to have say Disquiet that far down when I love Deathstimate, Vulgar Display of Powder and Torment Sorrow Misery and Strife but the other albums are just better.
4. Disquiet

Some tracks looks too much like troublegum, on the verge of plagiarism (Still Hurts/Knives, Insecurity/Trigger Inside, Helpless Still Lost/Unbeliever "

I agree with this - but at least they were up front about it being a Troublegum follow up. 

If Disquiet was just the next Therapy? album and people noticed the similarities and they flat out denied or refuted it - it would have been a bit more suspect

like they were secretly trying to recreate the success of TG.
(11-12-2018, 11:46 AM)Squall Wrote: Cleave and High Anxiety better than OCFA ?

._.

For High Anxiety, without a doubt. It's a question of taste, certainly but High Anxiety is great. One Cure Fits All is very nice but a minor work in my opinion. For Cleave, it's difficult to say, because this album is so recent. it's necessary to wait, but I fear that Cleave wears quickly to the replay. It's diabolical efficiency but I do not find it very rich musically. We'll see.

Overall i'm surprised at the bad place of high anxiety in the fans rankings. Not only because it's my favorite album. It's just contrary to general  opinion and critics, and mostly inconsistent about the band's history and chronology. For exemple, See High Anxiety behind shameless is completely out of place in terms of musical quality and group history.
Sorry, Shameless is the poor album, with compositions of an incredible platitude and a nerdy sound. With High Anxiety we find a powerful and sophisticated sound, a return of creativity and melodic sense. It's the turning point of the career and the beginning of a positive spiral for the band. I'm French and I remember that in the early 2000s Therapy? was considered the typical nerdy and has been band. For sure a hard time. It was from Hig Anxiety that the band was again seen as a valuable group.
I'm not sure that the band would have survived a new missed album after Shameless...
(11-12-2018, 05:26 PM)Squall Wrote: 4. Disquiet

Some tracks looks too much like troublegum, on the verge of plagiarism (Still Hurts/Knives, Insecurity/Trigger Inside, Helpless Still Lost/Unbeliever "

I agree with this - but at least they were up front about it being a Troublegum follow up. 

If Disquiet was just the next Therapy? album and people noticed the similarities and they flat out denied or refuted it - it would have been a bit more suspect

like they were secretly trying to recreate the success of TG.

No problem, i know that. I read Andy's interviews at the time and he was perfectly clear and honest about this.

I did not say it was serious but that's just why I prefer high anxiety and never apologize never explain. I love disquiet Wink