Greatest Hits (Abbey Road)
I purchased the vinyl and double CD. To be honest the material on the extra bootleg CD is what l really wanted. Unfortunately l missed out on the lyric sheet again! I’d love if they made a few more available, that would be fanfuckingtastic
As usual - they just expect us to buy this from a website with ZERO audio clips.

If this isn't on Spotify on Friday i'm not buying it.

The same with the Communion album.

" Here - buy this CD from us with £5 postage and ZERO audio clips so you have no idea what you're getting "

I probably will get it - but I'd like to actually hear what it sounds like first...
... Also it's interesting how it's a new studio album - but also - it isn't at the same time.

How many bands have done a best of where they've re-recorded all the songs.

I know which band i'd LOVE to do that - but I can't be arsed reading all the inevitable jokes so I won't mention them. Smile
Nickleback?
(03-10-2020, 11:12 AM)Squall Wrote: How many bands have done a best of where they've re-recorded all the songs.

Except it's not really a "re-recording" (which I would have loved) it's more a live play through.

CD1 is on Spotify, sadly CD2 is not
(03-10-2020, 11:12 AM)Squall Wrote: ... Also it's interesting how it's a new studio album - but also - it isn't at the same time.

How many bands have done a best of where they've re-recorded all the songs.

Well, The Shadows did in 1989: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_Their_Very_Best
The live bootleg is good fun. Random thoughts: Interesting to hear the other lyrics in The Boy's Asleep. Nice that there's a Keith Baxter track on there. Body Bag Girl has that weird kind of swagger that isn't necessarily what you expect from Therapy? but it sounds pretty cool, almost glam, and Andy's vocals are fairly demented. Big Cave In is rough and ready and you can sense the band's energy even if I'm not sure what the crowd might have made of it at the time. Bad Excuse For Daylight sounds great, Skinning Pit is a blinding version and it's cool hearing the noisy early version of Loser Cop. Brainsaw and Before You With You are as tight as you like. Torment, Sorrow is a blast.

Yep, well selected Mr McKeegan!
This is a quality release from the boys. The first CD is good, but the album really comes into it's own with the live stuff. Really great selection and it's made me appreciate some songs I didn't particularly love before (Body Bag Girl, Dopamine, Bad Excuse for Daylight). I would be very, very happy if we had a setlist like this for the tour - though I know that's a pipe dream. Maybe one day they'll do a one-off rarities gig. Or, whilst I'm dreaming, a run of gigs where they play a selection of songs off a couple of albums each night - Biffy Clyro did that a few years ago.

Great work T?!
I have to admit that initially i wasn't very keen on the idea of the greatest hits album, but it turned out to be a lot better than i expected. The "official bootleg" is a real treat so overall i'm very pleased with the album.
Number 40 in the UK chart, making it their highest place since Semi-Detached!