New Therapy? Album ‘18
OCFA has some damned good tunes on it, but the production has always bothered me. I like hearing the snare!
New single "Callow" out May 25th, from the album "CLEAVE".

No album release date yet. Hopefully some non album tracks included with the single.
I’d hope so, I believe they recorded 12 songs for the album. Some nice B-sides.
10 track albums are like " well we've got just enough for an album ".

On the other hand - there shouldn't be any weak songs.

Although having said that - A Brief Crack Of Light is 10 tracks and that has The Buzzing and Ecclesiastes - both of which are D side material.
Hope it will be a physical one and not a download only!?
(05-10-2018, 01:25 PM)Squall Wrote: 10 track albums are like " well we've got just enough for an album ".

Although having said that - A Brief Crack Of Light is 10 tracks and that has The Buzzing and Ecclesiastes - both of which are D side material.

Less of that! I love The Buzzing and Ecclesiasties. In my opinion they piss over anything off Disquiet from a great height
(05-10-2018, 09:28 PM)richboy Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 01:25 PM)Squall Wrote: 10 track albums are like " well we've got just enough for an album ".

Less of that! I love The Buzzing and Ecclesiasties. In my opinion they piss over anything off Disquiet from a great height

Agreed!
Dodgy Dodgy

Yeah the Buzzing is way better than Tides or Idiot Cousin or Deathstimate... K
I actually had to google Idiot Cousin to find out which track it is as it's so shit I left it off my abridged copy of Disquiet on my 'phone (which consists of 7 songs, one of which is a "B" side and, to be honest, stretching it to that many tracks is generous). The other two you mentioned are ok, but I'd certainly put them below Ecclesiastes and The Buzzing...

Anyway, I may (or may not) edit this later, as I don't want to be negative, but Disquiet was such a huge letdown to me and to be honest I feel like Cleave will be similar. I've been a fan of Therapy? since Troublegum. They were my first gig (Fyfe's last gig at the Ulster Hall). I love the band and Crooked Timber and A Brief Crack Of Light only reinforced that. And then there was Disquiet. Which frankly, to me, seemed like not only the band, but also Tom Dalgetty and even Nigel Rolfe couldn't be arsed. Unfortunately (for me) the album proved popular and from what I can see (and have heard so far), Cleave will be a Disquiet2. Hopefully I'm proved wrong. Anyway, I, for one, am glad that the band throughout their career have done it for themselves - that's how we got Infernal Love (possibly my favourite album ever) straight after the masterpiece, (but very different album) that was Troublegum. So I sincerely hope that (in the nicest possible way) they neither care about your opinion or mine.

Squall, Disquiet to me seems to be OCFA to you. I HATE Disquiet and High Anxiety (although it sounds good, unlike Disquiet). I LOVE Infernal Love, Crooked Timber, Babyteeth (and most of the other albums). I think we have to celebrate the diversity of this band, but me and all my mates who love Therapy? all hate Disquiet. As we are in the minority (from what I can gather) that's not an issue, but I really hope I'm wrong and this new album isn't a Disquiet2: to you that would be like a OCFA2 which I'm sure you wouldn't welcome. Anyway, yes, I say that The Buzzing and Eclesiastes are MUCH superior to the tracks you mentioned. That could mean I am wrong, but it doesn't mean you are right.
Someday soon I'll make a "rank T? albums from best to worst" straw poll to sort this out once and for all!

The thread on the old site was probably out of date anyway.

Personally I thought Disquiet was brilliant - a real classic T? album - and didnt care as much for ABCOL.

I remember just after ABCOL came out we were on a family holiday and my wife was ready to throw the CD out the window every time The Buzzing came on. I thought tracks like the Buzzing and Ecclesiasties were interesting and experimental. But as I say ABCOL isnt an album I go back to. In fact one of my fav tracks from that era (Pitiless Void) didnt make the cut.

So if Cleave is similar to Disquiet I'll be very happy. Thats not to say anyone is "right" or "wrong". I mean, I like Shameless for Gods sake. I think we're lucky to have a band thats released so many varied albums over the years.