So what happened with the old forum?
Hey guys

Just wondering why the decision to change the board was? From visiting teethgringer it seems is wasn’t that well handled, though I appreciate there are two sides to every story so I wondered if there was an official word on it?  It’s a shame to lose 15+ years of crap posting history as well  Big Grin I went through my old posts recently and it included some stories that had happened to me that I had forgotten completely!!

Btw, I wasn’t getting any activation emails for my account in hotmail. Tried three times over 24 hours without success. I had to switch to yahoo. Not sure if everyone is having this problem?
The recent decision to change the board was due to new European data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulations / GDPR) coming into force next month. Unfortunately the previous message boards did not meet the required standards so we had to switch to something else. We hadn't factored in the hosting renewal date on the old forum though, so it suddenly became a rush job yesterday when we realised the old forum would have to be closed sooner than we wanted. This meant we weren't able to give anyone as much notice as we would otherwise have done.

Sorry to hear about the problem with your activation email - assume you checked your spam? I can activate accounts manually so if anyone else is reading this as a guest while they wait for an email, just use the 'contact us' link bottom left to send me a message and I will do it for you.
Yes, everyone has to re-register - apols for any inconvenience.
@Crazy Horse - I got your message but can't reply as you've now disabled private messaging. Please reinstate it if you still need a response to your query.
(04-30-2018, 05:35 PM)hoochalobster Wrote: The recent decision to change the board was due to new European data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulations / GDPR) coming into force next month. Unfortunately the previous message boards did not meet the required standards so we had to switch to something else. We hadn't factored in the hosting renewal date on the old forum though, so it suddenly became a rush job yesterday when we realised the old forum would have to be closed sooner than we wanted. This meant we weren't able to give anyone as much notice as we would otherwise have done.

Sorry to hear about the problem with your activation email - assume you checked your spam? I can activate accounts manually so if anyone else is reading this as a guest while they wait for an email, just use the 'contact us' link bottom left to send me a message and I will do it for you.

Thanks for the response. Totally understandable in that case. Thanks also for your efforts in setting the new forum up. Though I don’t post often, I like that there’s a smallish group of people that has shared this space for such a long time.

Just to confirm I did check my spam. It seems to me that hotmail blocked the emails completely as yahoo showed up straight away, albeit in my spam folder there!
Ah the GDPR, it's causing fun at work.
Yup, GDPR is my life now Sad

@gb199 I agree it's a special place! Some of my longest and closest friendships have happened through the WoM.
Big Grin  It's all nice n new. No offence to anyone but I didn't go to the old WOM very often.
Oh Look ! AN EDIT BUTTON Big Grin
Hey!! Where’s Dermot?? We need the Death Race back!!