So Much for the 30-Year Plan: Therapy? the Authorised Biography
Just seen this on Amazon - release date of 22nd September

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Much-30-Year-Plan-Authorised-Biography/dp/1911036637/

"'Before we recorded Infernal Love, I didn't know if I was coming or going. I developed quite a healthy drug habit and was drinking a bottle of Absolut vodka every day. I thought that if I gave up drinking, I'd spend the next two weeks lying in bed and feeling sick. I decided to keep going and see if inspiration would hit ...' Andy Cairns, Therapy?

So Much For The 30-Year Plan is the first ever book to detail the life of Therapy?, one of rock's boldest and most idiosyncratic acts. Written with the full co-operation of the band's current members--frontman Andy Cairns, bassist Michael McKeegan, and drummer Neil Cooper--this official biography explores the dizzying highs and crushing lows they have experienced while navigating a three-decade-long career.

Featuring extensive interviews with the band and key figures from throughout their career, So Much For The 30-Year Plan offers insights into the band's origins in Northern Ireland during the Troubles, the backlash they received from the underground scene after signing to a major label, the birth of their million-selling 1994 album Troublegum, the full story behind their split with founding member Fyfe Ewing, and much more. Published to coincide with the band's thirtieth anniversary tour, this is essential reading for all Therapy? fans--and for anyone with an interest in the alternative music of the era."
Hmmm... interesting. I'll look forward to reading it, hope it's insightful and will contain some cool anecdotes.

I wonder if the writer has talked with ex-members, it'd be interesting to listen to their side of the story. Especially Fyfe, though I doubt it, since he is so elusive. Has anyone actually talked to him after he quit Therapy? ?
Looking forward to this.
Re: Fyfe, he's not hard to find, so I suppose it's whether or not he was up for being involved.
https://www.fyfeewing.com/
Ooh this sounds good! hopefully be on sale at the autumn dates
I'm looking forward to this, too.
(03-10-2020, 10:33 AM)simonyoung Wrote: I'm looking forward to this, too.

Hi there Simon Tongue Are you allowed to give us any tidbits about the book? Is it done yet or are you still at the process of writing it?
(03-10-2020, 08:52 PM)trigger Wrote:

Hi there Simon Tongue Are you allowed to give us any tidbits about the book? Is it done yet or are you still at the process of writing it?

Hello! 

It's almost done, I can tell you that much! I'm very happy with the way it's progressing.
As am I. Looking forward to it Simon
Cool! I'll be getting this
(03-11-2020, 05:10 PM)Jarlath Wrote:
As am I. Looking forward to it Simon
Great, thank you. There'll be more details in due course.