Greatest Hits (Abbey Road)
Seems like a really good idea to me. Other bands would just throw out a collection of their greatest hits. Those Therapy? boys never let us down, do they??

Does anyone have a tracklist?
Actually I found it - it's 12 tracks, I believe all their UK Top 40 singles - so starts with Teethgrinder, ends with Lonely Cryin Only.

Does anyone know if it'll be on Spotify? I sure hope it will... especially the live "Bootleg"
Really looking forward to it. March and the beginning of April is going to be a belter of a month (and a bit) Therapy? wise.
This live in the studio thing is an interesting idea (the webgig wasn't exactly a masterpiece though) , but why play only the singles? It's not as if the casual fans will buy this, it's still going to be the hardcore fans and I think lots of them will not be happy with the choice of songs.

I still bought and I am eager to hear it, but I was hoping for a compilation that would include more unreleased stuff from the band, instead of this.
(01-17-2020, 10:20 PM)trigger Wrote: This live in the studio thing is an interesting idea (the webgig wasn't exactly a masterpiece though) , but why play only the singles? It's not as if the casual fans will buy this, it's still going to be the hardcore fans and I think lots of them will not be happy with the choice of songs.

I still bought and I am eager to hear it, but I was hoping for a compilation that would include more unreleased stuff from the band, instead of this.

I think the Gemil Box exhausted all their unreleased stuff. I guess CD2 is more for hardcore fans.

I don't have a CD Player though, hence I really hope this is on Spotify...

I was underwhelmed by the webgig too. It was a great concept but didn't seem to come off.

I thought this CD was beefed up re-recordings, more in the style of the Teethgrinder, Disgracelands, and Skyward B-Sides of the Lonely Cryin Only single. Is that not the case? Is it just a live play through?
Oh, I see it is just a live play through. *Bit* of a shame... as I say, thought those 3 lonely crying only re-recording b-sides were all excellent
(01-18-2020, 09:15 AM)The_Derminator Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:20 PM)trigger Wrote: This live in the studio thing is an interesting idea (the webgig wasn't exactly a masterpiece though) , but why play only the singles? It's not as if the casual fans will buy this, it's still going to be the hardcore fans and I think lots of them will not be happy with the choice of songs.

I think the Gemil Box exhausted all their unreleased stuff. I guess CD2 is more for hardcore fans.

I'm sure there is more unreleased stuff. There's definitely the Cleave outtakes, possible Disquiet outtakes, a couple of covers they've done recently etc. 

It'd also be cool if they had recorded a brand new song or two, like they did with smftyp.
I like the idea of the album but am baulking a little at it being called a "Greatest Hits" when the tracklisting is only pre 1998. I get it's perhaps based on chart success but I'm sure no-one who buys this will think all T?'s greatest songs were in their first 8 years of existence, none of which Neil Cooper originally worked on. I'm guessing this is maybe a label suggestion rather than the bands idea but anyway... should be good!
Also all 12 songs are from the A&M years.

Interesting...
(01-19-2020, 07:59 AM)gb199 Wrote: I like the idea of the album but am baulking a little at it being called a "Greatest Hits" when the tracklisting is only pre 1998.  I get it's perhaps based on chart success but I'm sure no-one who buys this will think all T?'s greatest songs were in their first 8 years of existence, none of which Neil Cooper originally worked on.  I'm guessing this is maybe a label suggestion rather than the bands idea but anyway... should be good!

I take greatest hits to mean most successful singles. All of tracks (CD1) were released as singles/EPs and they do look to be the most successful singles (can't confirm and I'm not comparing chart information Smile). If it was a Best Of then it would be more akin to SMFTTYP which they referred to as a retrospective.