Old Therapy? live Bootleg
I wonder if anyone can help me identify this. About 17 years ago when I was walking round the ringroads of Bangor to my mates' houses in the rain I had a copy of a t? live / bootleg album to keep me company that I loved more than any other. The only things I remember about it is that it was Nurse or Troublegum era (definitely pre Infernal Love) and really really sample heavy. Like, far more samples than are in the recorded versions. There were even samples in between songs that they kept playing over and over (one I *think* was "Sane... or insane?") A few years ago I tried to find it on SoulSeek (are we allowed to say that?) but no joy.

If anyone could identify it for me Id be very grateful...
It could be any one of multiple bootlegs from the late '92 to '94 period. Harvey Birrell was their live soundman from around mid '92 and he added a lot of the samples to the bands' live show, especially during the early '93 European tour as I recall. Was it taped from radio? Considering you're from the North, I'd guess it was the Ulster Hall 19/12/93 show, an hour of which went out on the BBC. Was 'Alternative Ulster' played as an encore?
(05-14-2018, 08:05 AM)Alan Wrote: It could be any one of multiple bootlegs from the late '92 to '94 period. Harvey Birrell was their live soundman from around mid '92 and he added a lot of the samples to the bands' live show, especially during the early '93 European tour as I recall. Was it taped from radio? Considering you're from the North, I'd guess it was the Ulster Hall 19/12/93 show, an hour of which went out on the BBC. Was 'Alternative Ulster' played as an encore?

Thanks Alan. If anyone knew the answer to this it would be you!

No, it definitely wasn't recorded in the north and it wasn't taped from radio either. 

It was so long ago I had this tape that I don't want to say any more in case I'm talking bollocks.

But I seem to remember that it didn't sound like a huge venue, it wasn't a huge festival or anything.

Like nearly the only sound between songs really is these samples. And it seems to take them a bit of time in between songs, which is why I guess Harvey is filling the silence with dicking about with these samples. But they sound class, really like Ministry or something.

Again, this might be bollocks, but I seem to remember it was in the north of England somewhere.

I've had a look through setlistfm, there's one here which seems about right. Are there any kind of "classic" bootlegs from this era?

I'm thinking now we're talking late 1992 or early 1993. The more I think about it, the more I think that none of the 14 songs from Troublegum were in the set.

NOV131992
Therapy? at University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England  

1. Nausea
  2. Perversonality
  3. Innocent X
  4. Skinning Pit
  5. Disgracelands
  6. Neck Freak
  7. Totally Random Man
  8. Accelerator
  9. Teethgrinder
  10. Meat Abstract
  11. Auto Surgery
  12. Potato Junkie
Dude I am very good at finding stuff like this, give me a couple days and I'm sure i will find you something!
-Daniel residential cleaning services