So Much for the 30-Year Plan: Therapy? the Authorised Biography
(03-13-2020, 08:33 AM)The_Derminator Wrote: Cool! I'll be getting this

Excellent!
(03-10-2020, 09:16 PM)simonyoung Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 08:52 PM)trigger Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 10:33 AM)simonyoung Wrote: I'm looking forward to this, too.

Hi there Simon Tongue Are you allowed to give us any tidbits about the book? Is it done yet or are you still at the process of writing it?

Hello! 

It's almost done, I can tell you that much! I'm very happy with the way it's progressing.

That's great Simon!

Some topics i would like the book to address would be:

-Up to Nurse, songwriting seemed to be more of a team effort,  but troublegum & infernal love were written almost exclusively by Andy (Fyfe stopped singing as well). What's the reason and did it contribute to Fyfe quitting?
-The use of cello in many songs, how did it come about? Was the increasing involvement of Martin with Therapy? another reason to cause friction between Andy & Fyfe?
-Again, it'd be very interesting to listen to what the ex-members of Therapy? have to say about their tenure in the band. I hope you have talked to Fyfe, Graham and Martin. We have heard and read Andy (and Michael too, although less so) talk about Therapy?'s history many times in interviews, the site biography, band diaries, at the acoustic gigs etc., but not the ex-members. 
-Is the longevity of the band ever a factor when they write music, especially at this stage of their career? 

Not meaning to tell you how to do your job of course, but as a hardcore therapy? fan, i would like to have these topics answered!
Listened to the Greatest Hits the other day. It does sound really good I have to say, and it's nice to have definitive Neil Cooper versions of some of these songs. I thought Opal Mantra sounded great and the full band Diane is always a treat. The only thing is as a fan I've heard all these songs soooo often than I won't be listening to this much. I've seen the band live a lot so usually when I play an album I'm most interested in hearing the songs I haven't heard live loads of times. When I put on Troublegum, which isn't often, it tends to be stuff like Unbeliever and Lunacy Booth I'm looking forward to cos I've not head them anywhere near as often. And I'm more likely to listen to albums with stuff that gets played live less often.

Because of that I'm really looking forward to the bootleg live CD which has a fantastic set of songs. Would love to see them play some of these live again (or for the first time for me).

I saw a comment somewhere recently which I think said they are hoping to get Chris Sheldon to produce a new album later in the year. Sheldon makes them sound great, I just hope their is a bit of weirdness in there after the last two 'big catchy chorus' albums. I like some big catchy choruses - I'd just like them to throw is some experimental tracks in there next time too.
Posted that in the wrong thread, didn't I? Hey ho.

Can't wait for the book!
(03-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Cactus Wrote: I saw a comment somewhere recently which I think said they are hoping to get Chris Sheldon to produce a new album later in the year. Sheldon makes them sound great, I just hope their is a bit of weirdness in there after the last two 'big catchy chorus' albums. I like some big catchy choruses - I'd just like them to throw is some experimental tracks in there next time too.

I would rather ( for them as well ) they try to capitalise on their new found success. ( it's survival after all  Wink ) than go and do another Brief Crack Of Light.

Since Never Apologise, every album has charted higher ( in the UK Official Album Charts ) than the previous album.

I think if they do one more album like Cleave - with Chris - they might get their first Top 40 album of original material since 1998. 

I'd hate for them to do an experimental album right away and have it chart at #100 and kill all the momentum. :-)
I'd rather they did the album they felt natural doing rather than chasing chart positions.
I'd rather they were successful at this stage in their career. 22 years without a "hit" album. They should take the bull by the horns.

I don't want them to chase the big pop songs just don't ruin this momentum.
This is available to pre-order now